Community Lead for Dutch Translations at Proton Technologies AG20/08/2020
I am the Community Lead for the Dutch Translations for all the Proton projects (ProtonMail, ProtonVPN, ProtonCalendar).
I’ve translated 146 659 words and approved 51 263 words for Proton since 2018.
What does that mean?
Language Leads are localizers, selected by Proton’s internal Localization Team, who show long-standing contributions to the Proton Localization community in their languages.
They are the most knowledgeable localizers, who also contribute to discussions on the forum. Their role isn’t just about translations and editing skills but also about actively participating in the community.
As a Language Lead for your team you will be:
- You’ll be the main and most important connection between the Proton Localization team and your language group
- You will be the first one to learn about new updates from us and informing your team about it
- You’ll be sharing project priorities and feedback, flagging issues and consulting both, Proton and your team members on developments related to your language
- You’ll have the authority to accept and reject joint request for your team
- You’ll be in charge of on-boarding newbies and promoting translators to become proofreaders
- You’ll have permission to look at your team’s activity report and implement strategies to “revive” the inactive localizers or decide to remove them from your team
- Announcing silent and public language/feature releases as well as Beta language quality testing
- You’ll be mentoring and motivating your team and representing their interests to Proton